Riding on a skateboard is fun whether you are cruising through a traffic jam or using it just for fun. There are various types of skateboards available but the most popular one is the electric skateboard. It does not require any manual pressure and you can climb up steep roads with it comfortably without getting any fatigue. They have the battery to power them and the speed achievable is also high in comparison to the manual ones. Moreover, some of them offer the choice of controlling it through a remote which is a great convenience. Check out the top 10 best electric skateboards under 500 in 2018.
- Table of the Best Electric Skateboard Under 500:
- 01. Atom Longboards Electric All Terrain Skateboard
- 02. Atom Electric Skateboard
- 03. Logisys Lithium-Ion Battery Skateboard
- 04. Alouette PHOENIX RYDERS Electric Skateboard
- 29. The platform of this electric skateboard is a wooden surface made of six layers of the Canadian maple and the bamboo woods. This board can bear the maximum load of 220lbs. It is capable of leveling up to 12.4 miles per hour of highest speed with the 15 degrees of ascending angle. The 83mm. brushless hub dual motor comes with the 350W power supply for individual 4V lithium batteries with 4400mAh capacity, avail 12.4 miles of traveling with no interval. With wireless remote controlling, you can manage your breaking time, changing direction and acceleration. The 51mm polyurethane wheels make this skateboard a robust product.
- 05. BLITZART Huracane Electric Skateboard
- 06. ACTON BLINK S Powerful Electric Skateboard
- 07. ACTON BLINK Lite Lightest Electric Skateboard
- 08. PHOENIX RYDERS Electric Skateboard with Remote Controller
- 09. Alouette SKATEBOLT Electric Skateboard with Remote Controller
- 10. LiftBoard Single Motor Belt Driven Electric Skateboard
- Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind
- Range and Speed
- Power and Tire
- Water Resistant
Table of the Best Electric Skateboard Under 500:
01. Atom Longboards Electric All Terrain Skateboard
This product features under Amazon’s Choice for the electric skateboard category. It comes with a powerful motor of 1000W and you can go up the hills with it comfortably. The maximum speed achievable is 15mph. The acceleration and braking system are absolutely smooth. The batteries are long-lasting and provide awesome backup. The regenerative braking system charges your battery and you can go an extra mile with it. It is no doubt the best buy that will be value for your money.
02. Atom Electric Skateboard
Atom is one of the most popular brands in the skateboard category and they sport powerful motor that helps the skateboard to climb up hills comfortably. This one comes with a powerful 1000W motor and the acceleration is smooth. The braking system is modern and when you are using it, it gets charged automatically. Therefore, you are literally adding more miles while applying the brake. The battery is long lasting and you can speed up to 16mph. With one full charge, you can travel up to 7 miles.
03. Logisys Lithium-Ion Battery Skateboard
This electric skateboard comes with a 250W motor and the wheel size is 90mm. The reliable lithium-ion battery is powerful and you can control the skateboard wirelessly with its remote. The maximum speed is 20mph which is great. With one full charge, you will go 10 miles. It can climb up to 20 degrees and the maximum weight capacity is 265 pounds. The product is lightweight and the design is cool. The 8-ply construction makes it sturdy and the charging time is 2-3 hours.
04. Alouette PHOENIX RYDERS Electric Skateboard
29. The platform of this electric skateboard is a wooden surface made of six layers of the Canadian maple and the bamboo woods. This board can bear the maximum load of 220lbs. It is capable of leveling up to 12.4 miles per hour of highest speed with the 15 degrees of ascending angle. The 83mm. brushless hub dual motor comes with the 350W power supply for individual 4V lithium batteries with 4400mAh capacity, avail 12.4 miles of traveling with no interval. With wireless remote controlling, you can manage your breaking time, changing direction and acceleration. The 51mm polyurethane wheels make this skateboard a robust product.
05. BLITZART Huracane Electric Skateboard
With the aid of 36V 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion chargeable battery and two dual hub motors with 350W power supply for the each, this electric skateboard maximizes its speed up to 17 miles per hour. Once it is fully charged within two and hours, and it can travel up to ten miles without stopping. The wireless remote controller is easy to hold and comes with a wrist belt to avoid falling while the riding. You can utilize the remote for the brake, acceleration or declaration, even this board allows the reverse movement. The beginner mode and advanced mode guide you to take care of your speed. The seven layered maple ply and two layers of the bamboo ply with a grip tape, make it a very durable and safe item, which carries up to 250 lbs. of weight.
06. ACTON BLINK S Powerful Electric Skateboard
This electric skateboard weighs 11 lbs. and loads up to 180 lbs. It has the inbuilt safety LED lights to make rider highly noticeable to the traffic and crowd at night. With this skateboard, you can travel up to seven miles without thinking once about your battery if it is fully charged. Basically, the skateboard makes a smart choice for the students of college and school, due to its light-weight. It permits the Bluetooth remote controlling, by which you can command the board to turn on/off, forward/backward motions and so on.
07. ACTON BLINK Lite Lightest Electric Skateboard
It has the inbuilt wellbeing LED lights to make the rider very observant of the activity and group during the evening. It allows the Bluetooth remote controlling, by which you can order the board to turn on/off, forward/in reverse movements et cetera. With this skateboard, you can set out up to seven miles without contemplating your battery on the off chance that it is completely charged. Essentially, the skateboard settles on a brilliant decision for the understudies of school and school, because of its light-weight. This electric skateboard weighs only 7.7 pounds and stacks up to 130 lbs.
08. PHOENIX RYDERS Electric Skateboard with Remote Controller
The stage of this electric skateboard is a wooden surface made of seven layers of the northeast maple and the bamboo woods. It has the lowest speed of six miles and the highest speed of fourteen miles for each hour of most noteworthy speed with the 10 degrees of the rising point for both the beginner and advanced mode. This board can hold up under the greatest heap of 132 lbs. With remote controlling, you can deal with your breaking time, altering course and increasing speed. The 80mm. brushless hub double motors with the 350W power supply for singular lithium-ion batteries with 4400 mAh capacity, enable a short trip without no break.
09. Alouette SKATEBOLT Electric Skateboard with Remote Controller
The deck of this electric skateboard is a wooden surface made of seven layers of the maple wood. It has the low and high-speed limits for both the beginner and advanced modes. It has the maximum speed of twenty kilometers for every hour with the 5 degrees of hilling angle. This skateboard can hold under the best load of 50kgs. With the chargeable remote controlling, you can manage your breaking time, modifying the course and expanding speed. The 80mm brushless hub twofold motors with the 250W power supply capacity, empower a short outing without no break.
10. LiftBoard Single Motor Belt Driven Electric Skateboard
This electric skateboard has the 900W engine, which empowers the accelerating to sixteen miles for each hour speeding and ABEC 5 heading gives the riders quick and smooth skating background. It has a remote controller for the simple begin and stops. The lithium-particle battery-powered battery allows the movement to extend up to sixteen miles without the interim. With the assistance of the seven-utilize maple wood stage, the skateboard guarantees toughness in the relationship with a handle hold for the issue free riding. The Polyurethane 80mm wheels keep running with high speeds.
Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind
Buying an electric skateboard based on its look and size is a foolish move. There are various parameters that you have to check to ensure that you are buying the best electric skateboard within your budget.
Range and Speed
As an electric skateboard is powered by a battery, there is a certain range of distance up to which it can go on a full charge. You should know it beforehand and buy the one that has better range. The higher the range, the more distance you can cover. Similarly, there is always a speed limit to any vehicle for that matter. Depending on who is going to ride the skateboard, you should choose the speed. If it is for the teens, the speed needs to be low. But for professionals and experienced skateboarders, high speed is not an issue.
Power and Tire
The power of the motor determines how effective the skateboard will be in climbing hills. If you are living in a hilly area or want to carry the skateboard when you are on a trip, you need to check this factor. Apart from that, it is always better to buy a skateboard for all road conditions if you are going to use it regularly. This is determined by the tires it comes with. You should make a tire comparison between different models before choosing one. Besides, good wheels ensure a smooth ride and increase the stability. The urethane wheels are always recommended.
The motor and the battery need to be protected from water and during winter and rainy seasons, the skateboard is likely to encounter water on the road. It must be at least water resistant. But there are some models available that are waterproof.
Apart from these, the higher the warranty, the better it is. The capacity of the skateboard, the size, and the weight factors need to be checked before buying.
You need to go through the description of each of the products to understand the features they bring on the table. Then based on your budget, you can shortlist and make comparisons to choose the best one. The performances of all of these electric skateboards are superior and some of them have advanced technologies such as charging the battery while pressing the brake, remote controlling the speed and various such outstanding features are available.