WordPress is the perfect platform for non-profit and charity organizations. It is free open-source Content Management System. So you have access to a large community of developers and users who can help you set up and manage your website.
Among the most important characteristics of a nonprofit’s website is influencing people to donate money. With a smidge of effort, you can swiftly start receiving donations on your WordPress website.
In this post, we will show you how to set up a non-profit donation form in WordPress.
Making use of an online donation form on your personal WordPress website has lots of benefits:
- Easy to give: Your sponsors are more inclined to donate if it is quick and easy.
- Easy to transfer: Payment solutions effortlessly integrate into your website so you can receive donations.
- Easy to customize: Perfectly customize form fields to help you get more information from your donors to keep in contact.
Creating a Custom Donation Form in WordPress
To set up recurring donation forms, there is absolutely no better alternative than Donorbox. Donorbox is a powerful and robust donation platform that provides support for a range of payment methods (PayPal, ACH, cards), as well as a form builder for the collection of data. Their donation forms support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually recurring donations on your WordPress website.
So, let’s get started!
Step 1: Install and Activate Donorbox
The first step is to download the Donorbox plugin. To get started, head to your WordPress dashboard, look for the Plugins tab on the left-hand sidebar. Then, click on “Add New”.
Type “Donorbox” in the WordPress plugin search bar and hit the Enter key.
Select the Donorbox WordPress donation plugin in the search result. Click on “Install Now” and activate the plugin.
Step 2: Create an Organization Account
After the WordPress donation plugin has been installed and activated, go to Donorbox.org and sign up for an Organization account. The instructions are pretty simple.
Step 3: Create a Donation Form
Create a donation form using Donorbox’s form builder. In your Donorbox dashboard, find the campaign you would like to embed on your website. Copy the hyperlink of the secure donation webpage.
Step 4: Return to the WordPress Dashboard
Go back to your WordPress dashboard. In the left-hand sidebar, click on “Settings” followed by Donorbox. Paste your campaign link into the appropriate field and click on “Save Changes”.
Step 5: Go to the WordPress Page Editor
Head over to your WordPress page text editor – not the visual editor – of the donation web page that you want to edit.
Enter one out of the following shortcodes to insert the donation form into your WordPress site:
During this process, remember to:
- Replace “nonprofit campaign” with your personal campaign name and link.
- Use one of the shortcodes with a link. Then that campaign URL is going to be used. Or else, the default URL that you input in the plugin settings will be used.
- Making use of one out of the [donate-with-info] shortcodes will include things like the legal disclaimer and campaign description that you drafted on Donorbox.
Step 6: Publish your post and start receiving donations
Publish your post and wait for your donations to start coming in! Once the steps above are completed, you’re all set to accept donations.